Graceworks Golf Outing raises more than $47,000
More golfers participated and more money was raised than ever before through the 15th Annual Graceworks Golf Outing, held July 19, 2013 at the Golf Club at Yankee Trace. A total of 123 golfers participated and more than $47,000 was raised in order to benefit Graceworks Lutheran Services, based in Centerville, Ohio.
Click here or click on the photo below for a slideshow. For information on next year’s outing (July 18, 2014).
Graceworks provides residential and community services for older adults and persons who have disabilities or financial challenges, in more than 50 locations in southwestern Ohio, Indiana and Kentucky.
Participants learned more about Graceworks and enjoyed awards and prizes during a dinner following the golfing. Bonnie Smith, Administrator, Graceworks at Home, told a story illustrating how Graceworks at Home provides health, therapy and personal care services to individuals who continue to live in their homes in Bethany Village and surrounding communities in southern Montgomery County.
A foursome from Emmanuel Lutheran Church, Kettering, (Kevin Nels, Daryl Nels, Mark Steffe and Jim Butts) won the Congregation Trophy again for posting the best score among participating churches. A foursome from Plante Moran (Dave Brinkman, Amy Whitman, Brady Dalrymple and Mark Helpinstine) posted the best overall score of the day.
Matt Buehrer, Thrivent Financial for Lutherans
Oberer Thompson Company
Battelle & Battelle LLP @battelle_cpas
James Investment Research, Inc.
Messer Construction, Inc. @ messerwearebldg
PNC Bank @pncnews
Quanexus, Inc. @quanexusinc
Epiphany Lutheran Church
Freund, Freeze and Arnold
House Asphalt and Concrete
Plante Moran, Inc. @plantemoran
Asphalt Sealcoaters of Dayton
P.S. Creative Group @ohl52
Sysco Cincinnati LLC @sysco_corp
Golf Cart Sponsor
Ritter’s Frozen Custard of Kettering
The Golf Outing raises funds to support all Graceworks programs, which include:
• Bethany Village (residential living for seniors including independent living, assisted living, memory support and long-term care)
• Consumer Credit Counseling Service (financial literacy education, consumer credit counseling, foreclosure prevention counseling and debt management programs)
• Graceworks at Home (home health care service providing skilled and personal care to individuals in their homes)
• Graceworks Housing Services (affordable housing for seniors in 18 communities in three states)
• Graceworks Enhanced Living (residential living in 29 homes in Butler, Greene, Hamilton and Montgomery Counties for adults with intellectual disabilities)
• Preble County Emergency Assistance (serving individuals in Preble County with food, clothing and financial assistance)
• Senior Companion Program (trained volunteers provide companionship, friendship and light assistance to the elderly who strive to remain independent)