Bethany Village to Welcome Area Social Workers for Workshops
Centerville, Ohio (April 8, 2015) – Bethany Village, a continuing care retirement community, will host the 2015 Summer Series Workshops for social workers and counselors. The workshops are sponsored in part by Catholic Social Services of the Miami Valley, Family Service Association, Inc., Graceworks Lutheran Services and Jewish Family Services of Greater Dayton.
Bethany Village is sponsored by Graceworks Lutheran Services, a non-profit organization in three states serving seniors, those with intellectual disabilities and individuals facing financial hardship.
The workshop series will offer social workers and related professionals the chance to earn 30 CEUs (continuing education credits). The workshops begin May 8 and continue through September 11. Topics and date are:
- May 8 Distinctive Issues in Supervision (3 CEU credits)
- May 8 Managing and Maintaining Professional Boundaries (3 CEU credits)
- June 12 Behavioral Health Picture in Montgomery County (3 CEU credits)
- June 12 Diagnosis and Documentation of Mental Health & AOD Disorders using DSM-5 (3 CEU credits)
- July 10 The Social Security Disability Process: What Every Social Work Professional Needs to Know (3 CEU credits)
- July 10 9 Essential Connections to Independent Living (3 CEU credits)
- August 14 Reactive Attachment (3 CEU credits)
- August 14 Positive Psychology: Understanding the Science of Happiness (3 CEU credits)
- September 11 Mood Disorders in Our Elderly (3 CEU credits)
- September 11 Internet and Video Game Addiction (3 CEU credits)
The cost for the complete workshop series is $300. Half-day workshops are $35 and full-day workshops are $70. To register, visit www.cssmv.org/events
Bethany Village is a senior living community of more than 750 older adults in residential living, assisted living and skilled nursing care, on a 100-acre campus in Centerville, Ohio. www.bethanylutheranvillage.org